Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Max Versions Config - 'Not ready' remains

Vote:

Hi Guys,

I have amended the epi config so that i have a maximum number of versions, however this ignores all items with a 'not ready' status. Does anyone know if anyway that this can be encorporated or another way of mass deleting 'Not ready' versions?

Thanks in advance,

Ella

Sep 14, 2009 14:20
Vote:

Hi Ella,

I got a support issue about this the other week and have added it as an issue in our bug system.

#28280: uiMaxVersions doesn't affect saved but unpublished pages.

follow the status of it on our buglist.

Sep 14, 2009 15:49
Vote:

Actually I think it is as designed becuase unpublished versions or versions marked as ready to publish is explicitly excluded.

Pruning of old versions could be done much more intelligent but you will have to hook the datafactory events that updates pages and do you own deletion.

You could delete intermediate versions if an editor publish a lot of changes and only keep the last one after X days. You could delete versions that are not ready/ready to publish if there are a newer published version after X dayes. Etc...

Sep 15, 2009 14:30
Vote:

And right you are as always Fredrik. This is the information from the bug:

This must be considerad as designed. We specifically do not delete page versions that have never been publish. Such versions are considered "work in progress".
One possiblity is to delete old unpublished versions if a newer version has been published. However doing such a change would be considered a breaking change and could cause new problems.

Sep 15, 2009 16:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.