Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Major mirroring problem

Vote:

Hi,

Currently my setup has a staging server and a live server and I use mirroring to publish from staging to live.

Below root I have 2 siblings, Home and Videos. Each is set up as their own mirroring channel and for the most part, Videos doesn't change and its mirroring channel is disabled, so the Home channel is the only one being mirrored.

The issue is that on occasion (seems possibly random) when running the mirroring, the Videos node and all its children are deleted, even though it is not a part of the Home mirroring channel, nor has it ever been deleted on the staging server or even editted in months. I have played with the settings such as enabling and disabling validation, resetting the channel etc but I keep running into this issue and am at a bit of a loss.

I really need to get this fixed as currently I can't trust it enough to run mirroring on a schedule and need to initiate it manually incase things go wrong and I'm on hand to fix it.

Is there possibly a dodgy record somewhere that might be causing this? Other than resetting a channel, is there a way to completely reset the mirroring history?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

Jul 18, 2011 12:34
Vote:

*bump*

Jul 29, 2011 11:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.