Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade problem - System.FormatException

Vote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading a CMS 5R2 SP1 site and  have succeeded in upgrading to CMS 6 without any problems. However, when I try to upgrade to CMS 6 R2 I get an "Unhandled exception Input string was not in a correct format". When trying to continue nothing happens and all I can do is cancel. Below is the stacktrace and logfile. The logfile look more or less the same as when I do a normal cancel of an upgrade so I don't think that info is of any value. Is there any other way you can get more info on where things go wrong?

Best regards /Håkan

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at EPiServer.Install.SqlServer.SqlServerConnectionFactory..ctor(String connectionString)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.Controls.SqlServerControl.SetCollectInstallerAuthenticationOnlyMode(String existingconnectionString)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.Wizards.UpgradeSiteWizard.OnStepChanging(UserControl currentStep, Int32 currentStepIndex, UserControl nextStep, Int32 nextStepIndex, Boolean& skipNextStep)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.WizardFrameForm.GetNextStepIndex(Int32 currentStepIndex, Int32 newStepIndex)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.WizardFrameForm.UpdateWizard(Int32 previousStepIndex, Int32 newStepIndex)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.WizardFrameForm.DoButtonAction(ButtonAction action)
   at EPiServer.Install.UI.WizardFrameForm.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Upgrade log:

EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : ,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : An unhandled error has occured:,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : User cancelled,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : When executing,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : At C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Upgrade\System Scripts\Upgrade Site,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 :  (SqlServer).ps1:65 char:35,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : + $proceedWithUpgrade = $wizard.Show( <<<< )    ,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : =,
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling,

Dec 07, 2011 16:32
Vote:

I think the problem is that you have portnumber specified in your connectionstring: IP\NAMEDINSTANCE,<portno>

Remove ",<portno>" and EPiServer should get it. Seems like EPiServer hasn't read the connection string documentation properly.

Edited, Dec 08, 2011 10:36
Vote:

Thanx for the answer. Wasn't the portnumber though but I found the answer. Had the datasource on the format IP,PORT\NAMEDINSTANCE. This doesn't work since the upgrade code splits the datasource at the comma and the try to parse the second part as an int :( Changed the order in the datasource and now it works.

Dec 08, 2011 11:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.