Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic List (one option) - default value

Vote:

How can I set a default value for a Dynamic List (one option)? I've added the values in the "Appsettings" section in web.config, but the first value of the drop down is now empty.

How can I define a default value here? Any ideas?

Jul 08, 2010 12:06
Vote:

I think that the dropdown for a dynamic list will always display a blank entry. This equates to the page not having a property value set.

You could always set the default value in the pagetype property section using the Admin interface, which would have to match to one of the values in AppSettings, but the blank option would still be available to editors.

The only way I can think of to not have a blank entry is to create your own property control. 

Jul 08, 2010 15:31
Vote:

If anybody is still interested, I've just blogged about how to remove the blank entry when using DynamicList properties.

Aug 02, 2010 15:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.