Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Demosite error

Vote:

Hi,

I have a default Episerver CMS 5 SP2 site which I upgraded to Episerver CMS 6.
I tried to install demo pages on this page which resulted in the error below.

Anybody have some advice for how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

Copied Web.Config.ExcelPageProvider.xmlupdate

Copied Web.Config.Multiplexing.xmlupdate

Copied Web.Config.xmlupdate

An unhandled error has occured:

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

When executing

At C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Install\Modules\DemoTemplates\Insta

ll Demo Templates.ps1:202 char:48

+ $startPageID = $node.siteSettings.GetAttribute( <<<< "pageStartId")

True

=

Get-EPiIsBulkInstalling

An error has occured and the transaction will be rolled back

The was an error during the rollback phase. Your system may be left in an unstable condition

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Configuration.Install.Installer.Rollback(IDictionary savedState)

at EPiServer.Install.InstallationManager.RollbackBulkInstall()

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Rolledback

Error - System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

at System.Management.Automation.ParserOps.CallMethod(Token token, Object target, String methodName, Object[] paramArray, Boolean callStatic, PSMethodInfo targetMethod, Object valueToSet)

at System.Management.Automation.Parser.MethodCallNode.InvokeMethod(Token NodeToken, Object originalResult, Boolean staticMember, Object[] paramArray, List`1 typeConstraint, PSMethodInfo& targetMethod)

at System.Management.Automation.Parser.MethodCallNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe)

at System.Management.Automation.Parser.AssignmentStatementNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe)

at System.Management.Automation.Parser.StatementListNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList)

Apr 13, 2010 15:01
Vote:

The main error here was:

Error - You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.

Jon Haakon

Apr 13, 2010 15:12
Vote:

I had a similar error but it was from a base CMS 6 site (not an upgraded 5 site).

My solution was simply to delete the base site (which I had been playing about with), re-install a blank version 6 site and then install the demo site on top of that.

I realise this isn't exactly your issue and you have the extra stage of the upgrade from version 5 to 6 but I thought I would share my solution.

Cheers,

Robert

Apr 13, 2010 16:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.