Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using SearchDataSource with the ASP.NET DataPager and ListView Controls

Vote:

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the SearchDataSource control supports paging functionality with the ASP.NET DataPager and ListView controls?

I'm trying to get them to work together with no joy. Basically, when I click on say, page 2 of the pager, the same results are shown on page 2 as were shown on page 1. The DataPager certainly restricts the page size, e.g. if I tell it to return 10 items per page this does seem to work.

I have run into this problem before when not using SearchDataSource and it was solved by re-binding the ListView on the PagePropertiesChanged event. This does not seem to work in this case.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Nov 18, 2010 18:08
Vote:

The solution here seems to be to use the select method of the SearchDataSource in the code behind of your page:

1. In the OnPreRender event of your page do your initial databinding e.g.:

myListView.DataSource = mySearchDataSource.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty);
myListView.DataBind();

2. Add an event handler for your ListView's PagePropertiesChanged event to rebind the ListView e.g.:

private void myListView_PagePropertiesChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
     myListView.DataSource = mySearchDataSource.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty);
     myListView.DataBind();
}

Bingo, your DataPager should now work correctly.

Robert

Nov 19, 2010 13:50
Vote:

Confirmed. Without this I was unable to get DataPager to work with SearchDataSource (it shows first page no mater what i put in the querystring)

Edited, Apr 27, 2011 13:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.