Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Font-family on editor Textarea?

Vote:

Hi!

I have a long string property (>255) defined on a page type. Since I don't want to change the value of the field using "an advanced editor" I decided to uncheck all editor properties (bold, italic, underline and so on), which left me with a simple textarea. However, when I write text in the textarea it seems to be using a default font-family of Courier New or equivalent.

Does anyone know where I can change that value, so that a textarea in the editor default uses Arial or some other sans-serif font?

Aug 05, 2010 11:28
Vote:

The textarea font is set via css (so its nothing to do with EPiServer as such).

You would need to update the textarea.epitextareaeditor css rule in /App_Themes/Default/Styles/system.css to define font-family:arial;, though I'm not sure about cross-browser support for setting a text-area font. It certainly works in modern browsers.

This file is served from a VPP mapping (look in web.config - the actual path is something like c:\program files\episerver.......)

Be careful - if you change the rule in this location - it will effect every EPiServer site that is hosted on the same box (as every instance, by default shares those files). There are ways around this mind. See
http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/David-Knipe/Dates/2010/5/Customising-the-EPiServer-UI/ for a walkthrough.

Aug 05, 2010 18:03
Vote:

Thanks Mark!

I'll look into this.

The company I work for only has a single EPiServer site up and running, so maybe I can change the CSS-rule directly.

Aug 06, 2010 9:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.