Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"Educational" license

Vote:

Hi everybody!

I have a question about licenses. I have recently downloaded and installed cms 5 r2 on my local laptop.

The reason is because my company will shortly have a brand new site delivered and it´s developed against EpiServer which is great. But i have myself never developed against EpiServer and i am the one who is going to develope it further after delivery from the external consultfirm.

So i thought it would be a good idea to test it and just play around with it and learn how it works on my local machine. I have gotten so far that i can create new project in visual studio, BUT when i press F5 and come to the loginpage and i log in ok, but when i right click i dont see the episerver menu and i cant access the edit och admin section...i only come back to the login if i try to go directly to /UI/Admin/.

My guess is that it is my license.config that is invalid. Is it possible somehow to get a "educational" license that is free or do i have to buy a developer license? 

Oct 22, 2008 14:35
Vote:

I ordered a new demo license and installed it but i still can´t access the episerver menu och edit and admin section! Anyone who knows why this is?

I´m trying to follow this article on getting started setting up a new site with visual studio.

Setting up site with vs 

Oct 22, 2008 18:18
Vote:

Hi,

Its not problem with the license, it will not prohibit to reach edit and admin menu.

The guide in the sdk is written for EPiServer CMS R1, Im not 100% sure if it works in R2, but it should.

In the sdk article, did you fix the stylesheet as in step 4?

Can you reach edit mode if you enter the url to it.

For example, http://localhost/<youruipath>/edit

You can find your custom UI path in web.config.

/per

Oct 22, 2008 22:40
Vote:

The problem was that when i created the role in configuration manager i misspelled WebAdmin and made it WebAdmins instead which lead to not getting access to the admin/edit section.  I found it by looking first in the web.config and then in the database :)

So it was sbb error (shit behind buttons)....thanks anyway! 

Oct 23, 2008 12:51
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.