Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epinova.Webparts and upgrading from Episerver 6 R2 to 7.

Vote:

Greetings!

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading an episerver 6R2 site with webparts to episerver 7? I'm currently running in to the following error message in the browser:

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Epinova.WebParts.Providers.SpecializedProperties.PropertyWebPartPersonalizationState. Both 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PageDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' and 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' matches 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute'.

I've searched the error and tried changing occurencies of PageDefinitionTypePlugin to PropertyDefinitionTypePlugin with no luck.

It is clear that we should make the move from the webparts-plugin to blocks in episerver 7. What would be the quickest solution to this without loosing data?

Thanks in advance :)

Jul 30, 2014 16:13
Vote:

An EPi 7 version of Epinova.Webparts.Providers.SpecializedProperties hasn't really been released publicly, just been used internally to upgrade our own customers. 

Contact me by mail arild.henrichsen(at)epinova.no and I'll try to dig something up for you.

Jul 31, 2014 10:07
Vote:

Did you upgrade the WebPart provider? 

https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/browser/Epinova.WebParts.Providers

Jul 31, 2014 10:09
Vote:

The code contains a tool for converting webparts to blocks as well :)

Jul 31, 2014 10:11
Vote:

Thank you for your quick and helpful answers :)

Jul 31, 2014 13:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.