Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Versioning in EPiServer

Vote:

Hello!

I am a bit confused when it comes to versioning in EPi. I have an installation which is version 7.0.586.8. 
In Add-on store there is an update: EPiServer 7.1.3, which have some dependencies, e.g. Shell 2.1.97. In Visual Studio, under references, I have Episerver.Shell version 7.0.859.8. Why do they have different version number format?

Another issue is that I would like to install a specific version of a nuget package. In the NuGet package manager, I can only find the latest versions. So I tried the package manager console. But I can't find the versions I am looking for.
If I write "get-package -ListAvailable -Filter shell", the result doesn't include any Episerver.Shell package.

Mar 31, 2014 14:53
Vote:

I can agree that versioning in EPiServer is a bit tricky when it comes to get in order various moving parts in platform. You just have to get used to that :) Seems that things are getting better in >= 7.5.

Version for package in Addon store could be different from one available on NuGet feed - those are different packages.

EPiServer.Shell.dll comes from EPiServer.Framework NuGet package and there is no standalone package named `Shell`.

All versions for >= 7.0 for particular package should be available on NuGet feed.

Apr 02, 2014 22:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.