Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

IFrameComponent troubles

Vote:

I just upgraded an epi 6 site to epi 7 and having some problem adjusting some of the edit plugin code to the new gui.

this is how the plugin looked like in epi 6

If i understand it correctly i should use IFrameComponent on stuff that was previously GuiPlugIn, or am I wrong?
My trouble is that the iframe generated becomes very tiny and overlapping the "buttons" below the content area.

Another problem I'm having is that i want to hide it on some pagetypes. Earlier in epi 6, this could be done by implementing the ICustomPlugInLoader and then just return a list of PlugInDescriptor with the type. I implemented this interface in epi 7 but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Im guessing its just for legacy UI. How can i do this in epi 7?

Any help would be highly appreachiated

May 15, 2013 17:22
Vote:

Regarding the size, try defining the mMinHeight (and potentially also the MaxHeight) attribute(s) to control the size. Regarding dynamic activation of gadgets the way the edit plug-in system worked there is no similar support. Our own strategy has been to collapse the gadget as much as possible or show a text that this is not valid for the current item. Of couse, collapsing the gadget might conflict with the MinSize setting so you might need to do some actual client coding here. I'll try to remember this as a feature request for future improvement...

May 16, 2013 13:08
Vote:

I've tried setting min and maxheight and it's been unsuccessfull sadly:

[IFrameComponent(Url = "~/Plugins/FeedbackPlugin/FeedbackPlugin.aspx",
        ReloadOnContextChange = true,
        PlugInAreas = "/u/cms/assets",
        Title = "Användarfeedback",
        Categories = "cms",
        MinHeight = 200,
        MaxHeight = 400)]

May 17, 2013 9:52
Vote:

Any other tips on how i might get the minheight to work? At the moment it doesn't make any difference what i set it to

Edited, Jul 08, 2013 12:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.