Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Routing/QueryString

Vote:

Hi,

I need to be able to load more content through an Ajax-call. Think functionality similar to "load next 15 item". I'm using MVC so my plan was to create an action method in my controller that returns a partial view. It is convenient for me to use a particular controller that is used to render a certain page because the items I want to load is located under that page in the page hierarchy so it is easy to get them with IContentRepository and GetChildren when having a ContentRefererence to the "ParentPage".

However I need to provide some other data to my action method which I was planning to do with just a querystring. However that does not seem to work out of the box. Anyone know what I need to do to be able to provide a querystring when calling an action method? Or is that not how you are supposed to work with EPi?

I mean it works fine to call the other action method with:

my_site/rootpage/other_controller_action but if I do like this I get errors:

my_site/rootpage/other_controller_action?id=1

Apr 14, 2013 0:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.