Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE and Figure / Figcaption

Vote:

I want to be able to allow content authorers to create Figures and/or Figcaptions in in an XHTML String property.

i thought I could use the CSS Attributes and just have something like:

h1 { EditMenuTitle: Heading Styles; EditMenuName: Heading 1; }
h2 { EditMenuName: Header 2;}
h3 { EditMenuName: Header 3; }
figure { EditMenuName: Figure; }
figcaption { EditMenuName: Figcaption; }

The headers work, but not the figure and figcaption.

I've changed the extended_valid_elements to allow figure and figcaption as described here: http://cjsharp.com/blog/2013/04/15/how-to-add-valid-elements-like-iframes-to-tinymce-in-episerver-7/

How can I get figures and figcaptions to work using tinyMCE?

Nov 19, 2013 6:54
Vote:

Hi Bevan!

I spent some time investigating this today. Pretty soon I found that we have definitions for block and inline elements in the classes that extract settings from the css files. After adding a new element, I would still not get the intended behaviour for a block element. After debugging the Tiny MCE i found out that there is a bunch of defined lookup tables to find if an element if a block element or not which kind of blocks adding new block element to the Tiny MCE styles.

My guess is that it will require an update to Tiny MCE 4 to solve this in a good way. I hope that we can prioritize this after the release of EPiServer 7.5.

Nov 19, 2013 10:13
Vote:

Hi,

I'm still running into this problem? Is there a fix or work-around?

Patrick

Feb 27, 2015 14:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.