Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

[Bug?] CultureSpecific(false) attribute in combination with Required attribute

Vote:

I have a pagetype that contains some CultureSpecific property's.
The same pagetype also contains the following property:

[Required]
[CultureSpecific(false)]
[Editable(true)]
[Display(
 Name = "Image (Minimum of 160 x 160)",
 Description = "Image of the news item (Minimum of 160 x   160. Width and height must be equal). This image will be shown on ove    rview pages and the homepage",
 GroupName = PropertyGroupNames.General,
 Order = 20)]
[UIHint(UIHint.Image)]
public virtual Url ImageUrl { get; set; }

Note that the property is Required and non-CultureSpecific.

Now i do the following steps:

1. Create a new page for this pagetype in the default language, publish.
  2. Switch to a different (non-default) language
  3. Translate the page (by clicking on the translate button)

When in forms view, i can see the property is grayed out. It also tells me the property is 'shared between all languages and can only be edited in the master language'.
However the image component does not seem to have a value, because i only see a gray readonly textbox.

So i translate the CultureSpecific fields and press Publish, i get the following message:
The Image (Minimum of 160 x 160) field is required.

This offcourse should never happen, since it's clearly indicated that the property can only be edited in the master language.

Oct 04, 2013 14:58
Vote:

Hi Martijn!

I clearly sounds like a bug. I tried this on the latest code base and it seems to work as expected. I'm not sure when this bug was fixed though but you might want want to try to get the latest patch and upgrade the ui add-on if you are not already running the latest versions.

Oct 05, 2013 16:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.