Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Admin UI not working, site working fine

Vote:

Hi guys, need your help on this... After moving code etc from development environment to production we´ve got a weird problem, the admin UI doesn´t work at all. You can reach the login-page but it is missing all texts that can be translated.

After succesful login, I get a 404, 
404 Info:
Module: ManagedPipelineHandler
Notification: ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler: wildcard
Error Code 0x00000000

I can reach /EPiServer/CMS/Admin/Default.aspx, but that page looks really weird and throws a few errors, in the chrome console I get this: 
Uncaught ReferenceError: epi is not defined Default.aspx:50

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) - http://filippa/ClientResources/ClientResources/Epi/Base/CMS.css

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined Menu.aspx:80

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://filippa/ClientResources/ClientResources/Epi/Base/CMS.css

Any ideas guys? Accessrights? missing files? Config?

HELP!

/jens

Jan 16, 2013 17:17
Vote:

Did you move the VPP files as well? (and update the path in episerverframework.config). Sounds like you're missing the modules required to run EPiServer 7.

Frederik

Jan 17, 2013 12:18
Vote:

Did you manage to solve the problem Jens? I'm experiencing the same issue, trying to complete the same task as you.

Mar 19, 2013 16:13
Vote:

Check if you have a folder named "Modules" in your vpp root, apparently you need just over 4000 files in said vpp folder for the edit and admin UI to work correctly.

Edit: To get a hold of the files, install a clean epi7 site using the deployment center and copy the modules folder from the vpp of that site.

Edited, Mar 20, 2013 14:31
Vote:

Hello, was this resolved at all? I'm having the same problem, but with a fresh install on a server.

The head of the admin pages have this:

<script type="text/javascript">var dojoConfig = {"isDebug":false,"locale":"en-us","parseOnLoad":false,"async":true,"paths":{"epi/cms":"/rs/admin/CMS/1.0.431/ClientResources/EPi/Cms","epi/packaging":"/rs/admin/EPiServer.Packaging.UI/1.0.1092/ClientResources","epi":"/rs/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/EPi","dgrid":"/rs/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/lib/dgrid","put-selector":"/rs/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/lib/put-selector","xstyle":"/rs/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/lib/xstyle"},"ioPublish":true};</script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/my/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/epi/themes/legacy/ShellCore.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/my/admin/Shell/1.0.456/ClientResources/epi/themes/legacy/DojoDashboardCompatibility.css" />

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="../Util/Styles/ContextMenu.css" />

and it gives 404's for anything in /my/admin/shell, even the javascript files are giving 404s.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I have no idea how this would happen on a fresh install.

Thank you in advanced
Jul 19, 2013 13:52
Vote:

I had this 404 error in the Admin section and managed to fix it with the following:

• Install the correct version of Episerver for the site (I had a v7 site with v7.5 installed)
  • Give permission for the Application pool user for your site to read the Episerver program files (ie: C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS)

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks
Tony

May 20, 2014 12:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.