Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Form element, new tab 'Extra Field Mappings'

Vote:

Hi. I'm an EPiServer newbie and at the moment I'm stuck with a custom feed for a selection form element. Namely, after adding a custom feed following example by Arve Systad, I've found an extra tab when editing any form element in any form in the project -  'Extra Field Mappings' - like in the image below: 

Could anyone please give some clue what is it for?

Also, what would be the path like in a lang file to localize a 'displayname'?

Thanx!

Mar 28, 2016 18:14
Vote:

Hi,

You used an internal (unpublished) API of Forms. Arve discovered it from "dissasemble code". It will be go BETA in next release (and API is totally changed, in good easier way ;) )

I want to know "What is your need? ", so I can give better solution/suggestion.

We can even provide you more API base on your need. The new version will be out for EMVP as preview.

Mar 29, 2016 8:51
Vote:

Hi, 

Thanx for quick reply.

What we need is to preload our form with the list of options that are the subject to change in runtime, so we can not manually type them in in form edit mode.

Mar 29, 2016 8:57
Vote:

It is exactly what you will have in next release. We support External System (so you can field-mapping FormElement with a field in another system, table, column, let's say: Marketo or Silverpop).

We support Autofill API, so FormElement in Viewmode can render its <datalist> and a preload (suggestion) values.

If you are EMVP, you can have a preview in EMVP forum (in next few days).

Edited, Mar 29, 2016 9:01
Vote:

Thanx!

Mar 29, 2016 13:34
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.