Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migrating EPiServerProfile to CMS version 12?

Vote:

Hello everyone,

We are using OIDC for authentication and have previously stored additional user data in the EPiServerProfile. After migrating to version 12 the profiles are no longer available and therefore we need to migrate this functionality. Has anyone been in a similar position? Would it be possible to migrate our solution to use ASP.NET Identity instead? We really only need be able to store some additional information for each user and be able to query it (list users based on additional information).

The users are already synchronized to the [tblSynchedUser] table and we could potentially store the extra data in the metadata column. However the services to use this data, such as the  ISynchronizedUsersRepository, do not seem to support querying and are complicated to use for this purpose. I'm hoping someone has a better solution.

Cheers 🙂

Edited, Aug 03, 2022 7:37
Vote:

I would create a custom table in the database to replace the profile table.  I would add the properties of the profile as columns to the table to make it easier to query or search.  You should be able to make the table on the cms 11 insntannce, loop through the profiles and add the records.  Then I would create and api to manager and use the data in CMS 12.

Aug 08, 2022 15:20
Vote:

Thank you Mark. I followed your advice and did exactly as you described. The original 'Profiles' table was still in the database after the upgrade to CMS 12, so I simply hooked it up to EF Core and migrated the data to a new custom table that has a much better structure. I'm quite pleased with the final solution. 

Edited, Aug 17, 2022 8:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.