Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 10 - On Page editing view doesn't load after upgrade

Vote:

We've upgraded our EPiServer installation from 7.5 to 10 (10.4.1) and after working through all the breaking changes, everything works except some issues with the on page editing view.

• When first navigating to a page the on page editing view loads as it should. But if we change view to the property view and then back to on page edit the view is never loaded. The toggle button just spins and nothing happens. Refreshing the page will load the on page editing view.
  • When on the property view of a page and navigating to a new page the on page edit view isn't loaded. However, the top bar with page breadcrumbs and the toggle view button is updated. Pressing the toggle view button in this state will load the property view for the correct page.
  • When publishing changes, the on page edit view isn't loaded. But as above, the top bar is updated.
  • When selecting a block to edit from a page property view the on page edit view loads, but if we view the property view for the block and then try to go back to the page with the back-button, the on page edit view gets stuck the same way as the other issues.

All of this seems to happen for all pages regardless of type, no errors are thrown and no requests seem to get stuck. 

Appreciate all the tips in any direction, our troubleshooting have been fruitless so far.

Mar 23, 2017 9:15
Vote:

Which browser are you using? I know there has been some problems with Chrome v. 51. Upgradring chrome solves it though

Mar 23, 2017 9:40
Vote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the issue persists in multiple browsers. I've tested in Firefox 52.0.1, Chrome 56.0.2924.87 and IE 11.0.96.

Mar 23, 2017 9:59
Vote:

Try adding <clientResources debug="true" /> to web.config, in the episerver.framework section. That could possibly give you some more information (errors) in the console

Edited, Mar 23, 2017 10:06
Vote:

Thank you! That led me in the right direction.

For anyone else wondering what the issue was: We had a custom dojo module that wasn't registrered correctly after the epi upgrade, but after fixing that everything is working perfectly again.

Mar 28, 2017 10:45
Vote:

Glad you found the problem

Mar 28, 2017 11:11
Vote:

Hello Anton Gunnarsson,

I am facing the same problem, Can you kindly help me as well with the steps you undertook to tackle this problem. I am a baby to EPI server world so facing tough times to solve these bugs.

Appreciate any help shown.

Thanks

Vikas

Aug 04, 2017 8:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.