Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Log Service problems

Vote:

Hi,

Im trying to swithc logging on to make it possible to view statistics logging for pages via the Statistics-tab. I cant get this to work. I have tried updating the C:\Program Files\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Log Service\EPiServer.LogService.exe.config with a correct connectionstring but no result. When I click on the statistics-tab in edit mode i can see only 0 hits for each item... I have tried using sql-profiler to see what data goes in and out from the database when entering pages and when clicking on the statistics-tab but i cant see anything that can have anything to do with statistics-data... Where is the statistics-data saved? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thx!

Jun 24, 2009 13:09
Vote:

Found a solution. The problem is that the logservice is writing information in the folder c:\temp(path defined in C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Log Service\EPiServer.LogService.exe.config). The logservice does not create that folder. If it does not exist the logservice stops working.
Jun 29, 2009 9:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.