Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Errors in the security check in Manager

Vote:

I get these errors or warnings when running the security check on my sites, but I don't know how to correct them: Custom edit and admin folders Checks if the edit and admin folders have been relocated to non-default locations. Edit directory has been relocated to "" Edit directory has been relocated, but the default edit directory still exists (it should be deleted). Admin mode is accessible through default virtual directory "admin/" Custom edit and admin HTTP ports Checks that edit and admin folders are accessed using customized (non-default) HTTP ports. Admin mode uses default HTTP port 80 Edit mode uses default HTTP port 80 This is from a 4.40 site. Frank :)
Aug 04, 2005 10:55
Vote:

Hi Frank, I believe the ability to change the edit and admin mode directories and Http ports was introduced in version 4.50 and is not available in version 4.40. The security check tool in EPiServer Manager checks for the default edit and admin mode directories and ports and then recommends you change them. However, this is only relevant to version 4.50 sites as you can't change the default directories and ports in previous versions. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Regards, Jeremy.
Aug 04, 2005 23:33
Vote:

OK, thanks. Found the technical note on the subject. Here's the link: http://www.episerver.com/downloads/Documents/TechNotes/EPiServer%204.50/Securing%20Edit%20and%20Admin.pdf Frank :)
Aug 05, 2005 13:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.