Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

External Review Email Sharing Issue - Sender Email Missing

Vote:

I've recently installed version 0.9.3 of the Advanced CMS - Add-on for Advanced & External Reviews on Optimizely 11. However, I'm encountering an issue with the functionality to share external review emails. The error message indicates that the sender email is missing.

To troubleshoot, I created a blank Alloy site with the latest 1.3.6 version to check if the issue persists. Surprisingly, I encountered the same error on the Alloy demo site, which suggests it might not be related to the version or my project structure.

Here's the error message captured in console on Alloy Demo site.

https://ibb.co/ZXT5ks9

I have included notification settings in appsettings as well to see if it makes any difference except that now the console error is gone but email is still not sent.Found a closed ticket on github that still seems to be an issue.

Could there be some configuration that I'm missing? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited, Apr 19, 2024 19:45
Vote:

Can you share your SMTP settings?

Apr 21, 2024 22:12
Farhin - Apr 22, 2024 19:18
Hi Ronil,
For SMTP settings, only the SMTP host name is defined in my configuration file. By default, the port is 25, which in my case is not specified, but I am assuming it is 25. Is this what you are asking for?
Vote:

Which SMTP server are you using and does the email get sent for standard Opti notifications?

Try using the pickup directory delivery method. If you get email files in the maildrop folder, that would indicate an issue with your SMTP settings or when connecting to it

"EPiServer": {
    "CMS": {
      "Smtp": {
        "DeliveryMethod": "SpecifiedPickupDirectory",       
        "SpecifiedPickupDirectory": "./maildrop"
      }
    }
}
Apr 23, 2024 1:33
Vote:

Farhin,

Looks like this same issue was discussed on GitHub back in February 2020 - 

https://github.com/advanced-cms/advanced-reviews/issues/106

May 02, 2024 16:16
Farhin - May 02, 2024 19:57
Glen, I have gone through the GitHub link and mentioned it in my query above. Even the issue discussed there at the end states that with the necessary configuration, the email doesn't go through.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.