Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

No service for type 'EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchIndexBuilder' has been registered

EVT
EVT
Vote:

Hi,

After upgrading to v.12 running Incremental Search Index throws error 

System.InvalidOperationException
  HResult=0x80131509
  Message=No service for type 'EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchIndexBuilder' has been registered.
  Source=Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions
  StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetRequiredService(IServiceProvider provider, Type serviceType)

Console logs 

Running full index job works. 

dlls exist

settings in appsettings.json

But it seems to complete successfully?

Can this exception be ignored?

Jul 05, 2023 8:51
Vote:

I think you need to add 

services.AddFindSearchProvider();

if you want to use FindSearchProvider

Jul 05, 2023 10:52
EVT
Vote:

I guess the error could not have been more obvious. 

What is the difference between Full indexing and Incremental though, that one works and the other one needs an additional service?

Jul 05, 2023 11:27
Vote:

Full index = index everything, regardless of if it is changed or not

incremental = index only things that were changed from the last index 

Jul 05, 2023 11:37
EVT - Jul 05, 2023 11:38
I meant why one uses one service and the other one needs another : D But let's leave it.
Perhaps this could be documented somewhere? I cannot find this service registration anywhere.
EVT
Vote:

Do we still need setting in the appsettings?

Jul 05, 2023 12:05
Vote:

I don't think you need the setting in the appsettings. it will be added by above code if none exists. And yes there should be documentation for it. I can add a bug but it will not be addressed very soon.

Ah, I misread your question. But those two should work the same, the difference is when they get the entries to index...

both are using the search provider, and they are different from Find Indexing job 

Jul 05, 2023 12:19
Quan Mai - Jul 05, 2023 12:21
the bug is COM-17084
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.