Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is there a setting to automatically remove properties from block/page types when they are removed from code.

Ayo
Ayo
Vote:

I'm working on my first EPI Server project and I have noticed that when I create a property on a 'Page Type' in C# Code, compile it, I can see the properties in Episerver.

However when I then delete that property in code the property still appears in the back office, and I have to manually delete it in the admin section.

Is there a setting in Epi server that will automatically delete properties from the EPI server database when they are removed from code? It seems very strange that you would have to delete the properties one by one every time you make a change to a Page Type.

Feb 21, 2018 12:33
Vote:

as per my knowledge, No!
(Its just my opinion)
There are lot of risks to remove properties as data may exist for those,
It will make the syncing process complex and unnecessarily slow,
It's a custom requirement, we can definitely write something for ourself in some initializable module to support this behavior.

/K

Feb 21, 2018 17:03
Vote:

I'm not aware of anything that would do this out of the box. But Per Neregård has made a plug-in, that automaticlly finds all missing properties and gives you an option to delete them afterwards.

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Per-Nergard/Dates/2013/3/Plugin-for-deleting-missing-properties/

Edited, Feb 22, 2018 15:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.