Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Lock a form from being edited in the CMS

Vote:

Is there a way to restrict a specific form to not be editable by certain groups in the CMS?

Aug 19, 2015 15:35
Vote:

Hi,

Are you referring to xform creation? 

Aug 19, 2015 19:27
Vote:

Hi, yes. We have a standard xform block and in the CMS we can create basic forms. However, our clients typically uses a more complex form, either by layout of content. So I want to be able to import a customized form. However, it seems that when you do that and try to edit the form inside the CMS interface, it breaks the form. I want to lock the form from being edited by our clients. Does that make more sense?

Thanks!

Aug 19, 2015 19:32
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. There is no built-in way (that I know of) that will restrict users from editing an xform via access rights. I suppose one workaround is that since xforms is a type of property on a page or block, you can probably make the xform property read only. For example:

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Framework/7/User-Interface/Object-Editing/Object-Editing/

I've come across guides on how to make individual xform fields read-only, but I'm assuming you want to prevents users from going into the Edit xform interface.

Aug 19, 2015 20:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.