Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Server Architecture - Deployment centre

Vote:

Hi all,

I have a publicly accessible web server and an internal database server. The DB server requires you to have certain credentials to get access to the server - this is before trying to access the actual database.

Using Deployment Centre I would like to install the public templates. During this process, Deployment Centre tries looks for SQL Server database instances - but as the db is on a nother server, it wont find any.

So how do I install the public templates in this type of setup. i.e.) get deployment centre to access the separate db server before it can install the public templates?

Thank you
mlaies

Jan 26, 2011 11:44
Vote:

you can write in the database server name, you dont need to find it in the dropdown

Jan 26, 2011 14:52
Vote:

Hi Anders and thank you for the response.

I should have mentioned that the db is behind a firewall. I've realised that the port (1433) needs to be accessible through the firewall also and that should do it.

Thank you for your response.
mlaies

Jan 26, 2011 14:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.