Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

No access to Root Page

Vote:

I created a new website yesterday using deployment center, and noticed that i am not able to create new pages under root. I've never seen this before, so i decided to import some demo content. When this was finished the site had a start page which i was able to modify and also create new pages. I moved one of the pages to Root, and suddenly i was unable to modify it. The user do have access on all pages, even the root. What am i missing here?

Mar 26, 2010 10:25
Vote:

CMS version?

Mar 26, 2010 16:46
Vote:

I think this could be related to two things. Either you are not logged in as an administrator so you do not have access rights needed to create pages (check if you can click the key tool button on the root page). Or it is related to that you did not enable any language branches on the root page (Use language settings tool button to check).

I noticed this "problem" in the empty database that no language branches are enabled on root page. Confusing if you are not used to EPiServer Globalization.

Mar 26, 2010 18:13
Vote:

I agree with Fredrik. I have had the same issue when I have not had any languages enabled. Right clicking the node and checking the language settings to make sure there is at least one "available language" will rule this out.

Mar 28, 2010 18:51
Vote:

Thanks alot! Confusing is the least you can call it when globalization is off :)

Mar 29, 2010 9:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.