Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import/export problems (EP 4.31)

Vote:

When I am trying to import content and templates from an upgraded version of episerver (upgraded from 4.21 to 4.31) into an empty, new site (ver 4.31) I get the following error: Følgende feil oppstod: Exception: "12/22/2003 17:55:00" er en ugyldig verdi for "EPiServer.Core.PropertyDate".[String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.]. Stacktrace: at EPiServer.Core.PropertyDate.Parse(String str) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyDate.ParseToSelf(String str) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyData.CreatePropertyDataObject(RawProperty rawProp) at EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollection..ctor(RawProperty[] properties) at EPiServer.Core.PageData..ctor(RawPage page) at EPiServer.Core.PageDataCollection..ctor(RawPage[] rawPages) at EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.PageTransfer.Import(XmlTextReader input) at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.ᐁ(Stream ) at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataImporter.Import() Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences regarding this issue? My guess is that this is related to different database collation on the two servers: Original: SQL_Latnin1_Ceneral_CP1_Cl_AS New: Danish_Norwegian_Cl_AS And if so: is the only way around this problem to create the DB for the new site with the same collation as the original? Any help appreciated...
Nov 08, 2004 11:27
Vote:

I had a similar problem with collation issues.. The only way I could solve them was make sure the new database used the same collation as old.. when using backup/restore method to transfer a database it does not restore to the new collation. I reinstalled sql server making sure to use the same collation as the source database server. My problem seems opposite of yours in that mine was originally finnish_swedish collation and the new server was origínally installed as latin1_general. I guess you want to use danish_norwegian from now on? I had the exact problem shown on this page and the suggestions made on the page didnt really help - reinstalling and using the same collation did. The page is: http://www.episerver.com/templates/faq____3783.aspx
Nov 08, 2004 11:48
Vote:

Thanks for your quick response :) This confirms my assumption. It seems that the only solution is to make sure that the new system uses the same collation as the one I'm importing from. This means in general that there is no way of changing the collation for the database of a new versjon of an EPiServer-site as long as one want to keep any part of the content from the original system, which I guess is the case in most scenarios :) Do you know by the way if the entire DBMS needs to have the given collation correctly set, og it only applies for the specific database EPiServer resides on?
Nov 08, 2004 12:07
Vote:

Aside: If you temporary set the system (default) language in EPiServer to English, this error doesn't occur when importing. At least, that's my experience so far. Just remember to change the default language back to the same it was before you changed it. Frank :)
Nov 08, 2004 12:48
Vote:

I set the collation for the entire sql server instance since backup/restore uses the (default) collation of the instance (the collation of the master database).
Nov 08, 2004 13:11
Vote:

Ahh... works like a dream. At least so far... Even when switching back to the original language (NO) it seems to be working OK. Thanx a lot!
Nov 08, 2004 13:17
Vote:

This import/export issue has been fixed in EPiServer 4.40. In fact, we thought we already had solved it in 4.31 by using the Invariant Culture format to import/export data. But some culture formats (Norwegian, for eg) does not yet support the Invariant Culture, so we had to fix it in 4.40 using an alternative solution.
Nov 08, 2004 16:25
Vote:

Good to know! Incidentally my experience comes from upgrading from 3.5 to 4.30. I dont recall having any problem with collation from 3.5 to 4.0D - it was only from 4.0D to 4.30 that the problem popped up. I did have another unrelated problem with the actual upgrade program where the application of the sql scripts kept timing out. Running them one by one manually solved that problem. Is it worth starting another thread about that issue - maybe its something you guys know about already and have also fixed in later versions? Back to an on-topic question - Are we talking about the same problem & solution when we talk about importing/exporting and backup/restore?
Nov 08, 2004 16:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.