Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Approval sequence, cannot find user or groups?

Vote:

Hi!

We are running a Commercer 13.32 and CMS 11.20 and I just tried to setup a approval sequence but I cannot find any users?

After some digging I found that this is the url used for searching users:

episerver/cms/Stores/notification-users/?includeRoles=true&name=kristoffer&dojo.preventCache=1703685488412

What user and groups is this URL searching for? I have users in the CMS but there are not found and the users for the Commerce part is handled using this really old plugin:
https://sveinaandahl.blogspot.com/2015/08/admin-tool-for-aspnet-identity.html

Is it possible to migrate the users in someway and the they can be used in the approval sequence?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Dec 27, 2023 14:47
Vote:

Hi Kristoffer

If you are using ASP.Net Identity for CMS, then Commerce should use the same provider. Are you seeing users and roles when setting rights on content?

Jan 01, 2024 18:16
Vote:

Hi!

This i strange, if I try to set set rights on a CMS content I don't find any users I only find groups? Both users and groups has the CMSMembershipProvider as provider.

/Kristoffer

Jan 02, 2024 8:32
Vote:

Can you post your membership and role section in web.config here? 

Jan 02, 2024 12:52
Vote:

<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="CMSRoleProvider" cacheRolesInCookie="true">
  <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="MultiplexingRoleProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingRoleProvider, EPiServer.Framework.AspNet" provider1="SqlServerRoleProvider" provider2="WindowsRoleProvider" providerMap1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" providerMap2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
    <add name="WindowsRoleProvider" applicationName="ECApplication" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsRoleProvider, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" />
    <add name="SqlServerRoleProvider" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" applicationName="ECApplication" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    <add connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" applicationName="ECApplication" name="CMSRoleProvider" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Customers.Profile.Providers.CustomerSqlRoleProvider, Mediachase.Commerce" />
  </providers>
</roleManager>
<membership defaultProvider="CMSMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="10" hashAlgorithmType="HMACSHA512">
  <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="MultiplexingMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Framework.AspNet" provider1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" provider2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
    <add name="WindowsMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" deletePrefix="BUILTIN\" searchByEmail="true" />
    <add name="SqlServerMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="EPiServerSample" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
    <add connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" applicationName="ECApplication" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" name="CMSMembershipProvider" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Customers.Profile.Providers.CustomerSqlMembershipProvider, Mediachase.Commerce" />
  </providers>
</membership>

I haven't touched this since we started with Commerce 9 in 2015. I think... :-)

Thanks!

Jan 02, 2024 13:36
Vote:

I tested with quicksilver/aspnetidentity and it worked fine. Can't spot any problem with your setting, and unfortunately I no longer have a site with asp.net membership to test. you might need to reach out to developer support service as usual. Sorry I hoped for a better answer 

Jan 02, 2024 13:52
Vote:

No worries, thanks for trying. I guess the Opti GUI is using the Membership and Roleprovider when searching users to set rights for? I could decomile and then debug I guess.

Jan 02, 2024 14:22
Vote:

Yes it has been a few years but I recall that I can set the access rights for users/groups using membership provider. it should work, I just don't know why it doesn't for you. 

Jan 02, 2024 14:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.