Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflows require the specific version of EPiServer.Framework and EPiServer.Licensing and that causes issues after updates

tss
tss
Vote:

Hi Guys

How do you work around the issues with compiling the workflows during your normal builds when they take a dependency on a older version of EPiServer.Framework and EPiServer.Licensing?

My problem is that everytime EPiServer releases a new version of EPiServer.Framework they dont release a new version of EPiServer.Commerce compiled against the new version, but workflows require the specific version to compile correctly even with assembly redirects and all the stuff in place.

Currently I fix the issue by having the old version of EPiServer.Framework but disable "Copy Local" in the Workflow and Workflow Activities library.

But I still end up with a warning in my build log telling me that I have different versions of the same assembly referenced.

Could EPiServer release a version of Commerce compiled against the latest Framework every time they relase a new Framework version or is there some solid fix for the issue?

Feb 25, 2014 9:28
Vote:

Hmm. strange. Assembly redirects should affect also WWF. When you receive this error - when loading or executing the WF ?

Mar 05, 2014 0:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.