Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customizing file upload dialog in Episerver CMS editor

Vote:

When trying to upload large files that exceeds the maxAllowedContentLength, the upload dialog gives a generic error. Is there some way of giving the user a better message when the upload fails because of large file size?

Regards,

Bjørn Terje

Aug 02, 2022 11:59
Vote:

Hi Bjørn,

Do you see the error message like I see "Timed out, or max file size exceeded"?
If you want to customize the error message, you can add your own message as in my example below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<languages>
  <language name="English" id="en">
    <episerver>
      <cms>
        <widget>
          <uploadmultiplefiles>
            <uploadform>
              <errormessage>My custom error message</errormessage>
            </uploadform>
          </uploadmultiplefiles>
        </widget>
      </cms>
    </episerver>

I will also report a bug to the CMS UI team to improve the error message. I will inform you once the bug is approved.

Aug 04, 2022 10:58
Vote:

Hi Linh.

The only error message in the upload dialog is "Failed" (or in our case "Mislyktes" since the current language is Norwegian). I can't upload the image since world.optimizely.com has an error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'split')
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (common?v=ppeWo317gMlYRrZyPbE9XjcY7UngAIL1SnSdiOiOfUU1:8:812)
    at l (jquery.min.js:2:29375)
    at c (jquery.min.js:2:29677)

It would really be a great improvement if there were more explanatory error messages. Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Bjørn Terje

Aug 04, 2022 11:06
Vote:

Can you check that you can see the message "Timed out, or max file size exceeded" when you hover over the Failed status?

Aug 04, 2022 11:18
Vote:

You are correct the hover text is "Time out, or max file size exceeded". I never guessed to hoved over the "Failed" text. So by using your previous suggestion we can at least change this text. Would be nice to differentiate between time out and max file size.

Regards,

Bjørn Terje

Aug 04, 2022 11:49
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.