Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 7.5 - Hide language branches user don't have access to

Vote:

Hi,

After upgrading a site from EPiServer 7.1 to EPiServer 7.5 Update 35 we've encountered an issue where under Sites in Edit mode all language branches are displayed for users.
Previously in 7.1 only the language branches the user had create/edit access to where displayed there.

Since this site contains over 65 different language branches it makes it more cumbersome for editors to see for which languages they can do edits to.
Is there any way to replicate the behaviour in EPiServer 7.1, so that only the language branches they have access to is displayed?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 06, 2016 12:33
Vote:

After some testing I've discovered that this is caused by widgets.js in EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip (from the EPiServer.CMS.UI Nuget package).

For the Javascript function that loads the sites there's a parameter called showAllLanguages that is set to true. If I set it to false instead and update the zip-file I get the requested behaviour (i.e. only language branches the user has access to is returned).

However, since this change will be undone whenever we update the EPiServer.CMS.UI Nuget Package I'm curious how I can implement this change in a better way. According to this thread it should be possible by modifying the module.config file and adding an alias, but I'm not quite sure exactly how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Jun 15, 2016 16:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.