Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP migration Tool to migrate category type metadata from FileSummary.config

Vote:

Hi,
Submit

I am migrating VPP using migrating tool. I am upgrading my project from 7.1 to 7.5. All went well and now migrating the assets.

I have a category field in my summary.config file. As in the old VPP structure, we have our assets i.e. documents and images ticked with this category type.
I have verified these category are not pulled after migration and when I clicked on the the category, it does not fill those meta default values.

Further more, I have then added a CategoryList type virtual field in my general media class,
public virtual new CategoryList Category { get; set; }  

Did the migration again, but still it did not do anything. I have tried with and without new keyword here but of no use.

My understanding is by default it should pull all the meta data and migrate them. Does anyone come across with same problem?
All i want is to populate my categories based on the Category type defined in the fileSummary.config after migration.

Any quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Naz

[Pasting files is not allowed]

May 14, 2015 13:30
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.