Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot empty trash bin

Vote:

Hi!

I'm having issues emptying my site's trash bin. The version of EPi is 7.5 Patch 27 and the EPi Find 7.5.450.89.

After hitting the Empty Trash button nothing happens and there is a log entry stating this:

2014-09-03 09:43:46,776 [50] ERROR EPiServer.Find.Cms.ContentEventIndexer: An exception occured while deleting (IContent): 754. Thread was being aborted..
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.OSSOCK.recv(IntPtr socketHandle, Byte* pinnedBuffer, Int32 len, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, SocketError& errorCode)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.ProcessWriteCallDone(ConnectionReturnResult returnResult)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.CallDone(ConnectionReturnResult returnResult)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.CloseInternal(Boolean internalCall, Boolean aborting)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.System.Net.ICloseEx.CloseEx(CloseExState closeState)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndWriteHeaders_Part2()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndWriteHeaders(Boolean async)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.WriteHeadersCallback(WebExceptionStatus errorStatus, ConnectStream stream, Boolean async)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndSubmitRequest()
at System.Net.Connection.SubmitRequest(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean forcedsubmit)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.SubmitRequest(HttpWebRequest request, String connName)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SubmitRequest(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EPiServer.Find.Connection.JsonRequest.GetResponse()
at EPiServer.Find.Api.DeleteCommand.Execute()
at EPiServer.Find.Cms.ContentIndexer.Delete(IContent content)
at EPiServer.Find.Cms.ContentEventIndexer.Delete(IContent content)
2014-09-03 09:43:46,785 [50] ERROR EPiServer.Global: 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.

I guess this could be more related to Find than the CMS.

I was thinking of emptying the Find Index and reindexing the content, but it came across me that I have no idea how to do it with non-development indexes :P Any suggestions on this?

Cheers,

Sep 03, 2014 10:30
Vote:

There is a button for clearing the index on the config tab.

http://screencast.com/t/U24XMHgo

Sep 03, 2014 11:35
Vote:

Thanks, but it looks an awful lot like Find 8 UI - my version of Find is 7.5. 

This brings me to the question that is there any huge difference or something that need to be configured if the DLL files of 7.5 would be upgraded to 8? I guess that the same version 7 index can be used with the new Find 8 dlls?

I guess the only way to empty a non development index is to ask someone from help desk to do it - if you don't have Find 8

Edited, Sep 03, 2014 14:44
Vote:

I got the issue resolved.

As the stacktrace suggests the thread ended up in the Request timeout. I restored some of the trashed pages and tried to empty the trash bin again and it started to work.

However, the weird thing about this issue was that there was only approx. 80 files in the trash bin and the emptying didn't succeed in time. Maybe there is something wrong with the environment but the emptying issue has been resolved.

Sep 04, 2014 8:32
Vote:

Glad you got it fixed!

Yea only way to empty a non dev index is to ask helpdesk pre version 8.

Sep 04, 2014 8:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.