Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Show item without pricing

Vote:

Hello:

We are wondering if there is a feature in Insite that allows products to show but the pricing doesnot, unless you are a logged in customer.

Ex: We have a supplier who will allow us to display items and details but does not want a price shown publically. Once a user has logged in they can see the price.

Thank you

Matt

Feb 15, 2019 10:16
Vote:

We were able to develop a custom field on the user that, when turned on, forces the user to variant pages. These variant pages have CSS code that hides the pricing fields. Not a great long-term strategy but it works for us.

Feb 14, 2020 8:14
Vote:

Hi Matt,

this is an interesting business need that I never came accross in the past. I would be curious to discover what is the best solution to address this and give you a hand at the same time.

I see you innitial message is a few month old, let me know if this is still something you are looking to accomplish and if so can you confirm if your pricing tables are store directly into Insite database?

Thanks.

Patrick Ouellette
eCommerce Product Owner at Absolunet

May 10, 2019 4:24
Vote:

You could do what others mentioned and also force the product to require a quote. This will suppress pricing by default. 

Feb 14, 2020 8:11
Vote:

Thank you both very much for the replies.

Natalie is correct in that we are looking for something at the vendor/item level. We will have about 80%+ of our items shown with pricing to guest users but the balance will require restrictions. Of the 20% remaining, we were wondering it there was a way to show them to guest but restrict the pricing.

Thank you again for the replies!

Matt

Feb 15, 2019 10:27
Vote:

Hi Matthew,

I believe what you are looking for is in Settings > System Settings > Website Access. We have ours set to "Sign In Required to Add to Cart or See Prices". On the product page we have a link informing the customer they have to sign in to see their price.

This will explain a little more:

https://support.insitesoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/215149706-Working-with-Guest-Access-on-the-Website

Staci

Feb 15, 2019 10:23
Vote:

Hi Matt,

We restrict pricing to show only when a customer is logged in, as we don't want our prices public. We do this on a site-wide level, but I'm not sure if you can do it at a vendor or product level. To do it site-wide in the admin console go to System > Settings > System Settings > and click the dropdown for Website Access. Ours has "Sign in Required to Add to Cart or See Prices." I'd do it in sandbox first and make sure it doesn't cause any weird issues. If you have questions feel free to email me at nscully@gtsanders.com.

Hope this helps!

Natalie

Feb 15, 2019 10:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.