This topic provides an overview of the marketing capabilities in Episerver Commerce.
Note: This functionality is legacy, see Marketing for more information.
The marketing capabilities are based on the following components:
- Campaign. A way to organize marketing activities. You must associate a campaign with promotions to provide customer discounts. You also can associate a campaign with customer segments for targeted marketing purposes.
- Promotion. A marketing tool used to increase sales of certain products or product lines. Use promotions to apply discounts to products, order totals, or shipping. You can employ various incentives, such as lowered pricing and other discounts, as part of a promotion.
- Customer Segment. Determines a promotion's target audience. Within a campaign, you apply promotions to its customer segments. You can pre-define members of a customer segment in static groups, or use the Expressions Engine to create dynamic groups when running promotions.
- Expression. Customizable conditions that let you extend different aspects of the marketing system. Promotions, customer segments, and policies rely on expressions. The Expressions Engine is a core technology of the marketing system.
- Policy. Rules that are executed when you apply promotions. A policy lets a marketing manager declare rules just once for the whole site.