Join our community!

Get everything you need to start developing EPiServer solutions.
March 8 2012, 12:39

Convertion

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to convert from a relate+ product to another forum-software, or is it like, if you choose relate+ you are stuck?

I am not familiar with the database structure and a search has failed to come up with a converter to or from any other forum option. 

So do I have to sit down and hard-code everything or is there possibilities in converting to relate+ and if it does not work as hoped, andy possibilities of converting back?

• March 8 2012, 15:19

Hi Hallgier,

To my knowledge there doesn't exist any converters. So you will have to do it by hand if you really must export the data to another system. 

• March 8 2012, 15:22

so a forum with 13mill posts and 1.1 mill threads, are basicly stuck?

• March 8 2012, 15:24

When I mean by hand I mean by writing a utility to export from the Relate template to whatever format the new system accepts.

The utility goes through all the posts and thread and converts them automatically. 

• March 8 2012, 15:27

any idea on how much work it would be to write such a tool, and how much it would cost? I am i that case looking for how much to make a tool to convert to IPB

• March 8 2012, 15:29

Sorry I've never done it myself. But it depends on the knowledge you have of Relate's API, the IPB's API and how alike their structure is I would presume.

• March 9 2012, 9:39
    Content is edited

Hallgier,

If you are facing problems with Relate, I know EPiServer Developer Support would be more than happy to discuss them with you. Maybe there is a way forward with Relate instead of switching to a whole new platform? I sure hope so anyway :)

Take care,
    Tobias