Removing dependency on Common Framework
From the 8.0 release, EPiServer Commerce no longer depends on EPiServer Common Framework. This document describes how to remove the dependency of the EPiServer Common Framework. Depending on whether you are using Common Framework or not on the website, you need to perform a manual step described below, when upgrading from a version lower than 8.0, to 8.0 or higher.
Common Framework is used
If you use any functionality from Common Framework, you will need to install the EPiServer.CommonFramework package, as well as the EPiServer.Common.Gadgets package. Note that this is not supported if you host your site on Microsoft Azure.
Common Framework is not used
If you have are not using the Common Framework functionality, you need to remove some items from your site.
Follow these steps to remove the items:
- Remove all configuration related to EPiServer.Common.Framework. This can be done by executing the PowerShell script RemoveCommonFrameworkConfig for the front-end site. The script is typically located under C:\EPiServer\MyCommerceSite\wwwroot\packages\EPiServer.Commerce.Core.8.X.X\tools\remove_commonframework. Execution example: "PS> .\RemoveCommonFrameworkConfig C:\EPiServer\MyCommerceSite\wwwroot"
It is recommended to back up your configuration files before doing this.
- Clean the database of all things used by Common Framework by running the SQL script \Tools\Remove_CommonFramework\RemoveCommonFramework.sql in your CMS database. It is recommended to back up your database before doing this. Note that both schema as well as all Common Framework data will be removed.
- Make sure that there are no EPiServer.Common.* assemblies in the sites bin folder.
- Make sure there are no references from your project to any EPiServer.Common.* assemblies.
- Unless you use the DotNetOpenAuth, NHibernate or Iesi.Collections assemblies, also make sure they are removed from the bin folder and project references. If you do use them, you should install the corresponding NuGet packages or make sure you reference them from a folder outside the bin folder.
Last updated: Oct 20, 2016