Last updated: Nov 01 2018
Authentication and authorization
Episerver is designed to meet high standards regarding security features within a wide range of scenarios. Login security is based on the authentication and authorization system using the built-in membership and role system in ASP.NET. Episerver also supports ADFS/SSO and OWIN, as well as OpenID Connect to integrate with Azure AD.
The Episerver platform manages authentication and authorization in a distributed multi-site content management environment, with multiple users collaborating on content.
- Authentication based on the ASP.NET framework for role, membership and profile providers
- You can integrate providers for Active Directory and Windows, and any customized provider.
- Federated security and OWIN (Open Web Interface for .NET):
- Support for single sign-on and social log in.
- Uses the ASP.NET Identity system for ASP.NET applications.
- You can define access rights for specific content types and languages.
- Let selected user groups edit information on specific sections of the website.
- Apply access rights to selected visitor groups, displaying targeted content to these.
- Define virtual roles that return access rights based on custom evaluation rules.
- Define granular permissions for users or roles.