Last updated: Oct 20 2016
Authentication and authorization
The Episerver platform manages authentication and authorization in a distributed multi-site content management environment, with multiple users collaborating on content.
- Authentication based on the ASP.NET framework for role, membership and profile providers
- You can integrate providers for Active Directory and Windows, and any customized provider.
- Federated security and OWIN (Open Web Interface for .NET):
- Support for single sign-on and social log in.
- Uses the ASP.NET Identity system for ASP.NET applications.
- You can define access rights for specific content types and languages.
- Let selected user groups edit information on specific sections of the website.
- Apply access rights to selected visitor groups, displaying targeted content to these.
- Define virtual roles that return access rights based on custom evaluation rules.
- Define granular permissions for users or roles.
- Authentication and authorization
- Virtual roles
- Permissions to functions
- Federated security
- OWIN authentication