Episerver - update 257
New releases of Episerver Commerce (including breaking changes) and Episerver CMS UI (notifications automatically marked as read). Bug fixes for Episerver Forms, Episerver Content Delivery API (OAuth authentication), and Episerver Connect For Marketing Automation. Documentation update for Campaign.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the updates from the Episerver NuGet feed.
This release information lists updated main package versions for the Episerver platform. When a release is built, other dependent packages also may be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated main packages
Click a package in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS UI
Episerver Content Delivery API
- COM-31: WarehouseInventory and WarehouseInventoryService were removed
No longer used by the framework; functionality was replaced by IInventoryService.
- COM-1550: Legacy promotion system has been removed
The new promotion system has replaced it.
- COM-3952: Gadgets using deprecated UI gadget framework have been removed
The CMS UI gadget framework was deprecated.
- COM-6492: Rounding strategy in calculators reworked
Introduced a new API that converts the currency of a Money type and returns full precision value:
Removed intermediate rounding from the default implementation of calculators. So, it rounds only at the highest level (order group calculator). CalculateXXX() methods in the default implementation of calculators, which are protected, now return full precision values.
Stored full precision values for discount amounts on line items and shipments. This behavior is a breaking change.
Added a new global configuration on the promotion engine: a Boolean setting, named ApplyPromotionUnitIndividually. You can change this setting in the appSettings.
If set to true, the promotion engine takes the percentage discount for an individual unit and, from then on, works like an “amount off” discount.
If set to false, the setting works as it does currently in Commerce 12. That is, the promotion engine does not take the percentage discount for an individual unit, but for a whole line item (so it takes the quantity of line item into account).
- COM-7557: ITaxCalculator calculates taxes in batches, instead of per line item
Improves performance and reduces the number of calls that some Commerce systems make to third-party tax calculators.
- COM-8104: CSR UI: Manage shipping address (Beta)
On the Order Management screen, you can select an customer's existing shipping address or create a new one.
- COM-8162: API to get the parent IOrderGroup of an IOrderForm
- COM-8481: Obsolete APIs have been removed
Multiple APIs that have been obsoleted for at least 12 months are removed.
- COM-8960: Per promotion catalog items exclusion
On the Edit Discount screen, you can exclude certain catalogs, categories, and catalog items from a specific promotion. You can also do this programmatically; see Excluding catalog items from a promotion.
- COM-8964: Extend OrderStatus and OrderShipmentStatus
Since they were converted from enums to classes, they can now be extended.
- Documentation includes the following:
- Breaking changes for Commerce 13
- Order system overview
- Installing and configuring the native integration package
- Promotion engine
- Excluding products from promotions
- Line item calculator
- Tax calculator
- Blog post: Commerce 13 is ready to go
- Blog post: New feature in Commerce 13: Extendable OrderStatus and OrderShipmentStatus
- Blog post: New feature in Commerce 13: Exclude catalog items per promotion
- Updated and improved Swagger REST API documentation to Version 2.
- Update 257 included breaking changes for Commerce 13.
- Update 256 included breaking changes for Episerver Languages.
- Update 218 included breaking changes for Service API 5.
- Update 210 included breaking changes for Commerce 12 and Spellchecker for TinyMCE 2.
- Update 208 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 13.
- Update 189 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 11.
- For previous notifications, see update 188.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- Episerver Beta features. About Beta releases and how to enable them.
- The Episerver continuous release process. About continuous releases and deployment.
Last updated: Mar 26, 2019