Last updated: Jan 15 2018
Episerver - update 197
New release of Episerver Forms (including a critical bug fix), and bug fixes for Episerver CMS UI. CMS 11 support was added for Episerver Spellchecker for TinyMCE, Episerver Social, Episerver Optimizely, Connect For Marketing Automation, and the Marketing Automation connectors for Episerver Forms, Salesforce, and Silverpop. Finally, a new release of the third-party add-on Avensia Storefront.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the updates from the Episerver NuGet feed.
This release information lists updated main package versions for the Episerver platform. When a release is built, other dependent packages also may be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated main packages
Click a package in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS UI
- EPiServer.Social.Framework 1.5.2 (CMS 11 support)
- EPiServer.Forms 4.8.1
AFORM-1449: Uploaded files are removed when submitted form data are removed
- EPiServer.Optimizely 1.3.0 (CMS 11 support)
- EPiServer.CMS.TinyMceSpellChecker 1.3.0 (CMS 11 support)
- EPiServer.ConnectForMarketingAutomation 4.4.0 (CMS 11 support)
- EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Salesforce 3.2.0 (CMS 11 support)
- EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Silverpop 3.2.0 (CMS 11 support)
- Episerver.Marketing.Automation.Forms 1.4.0 (CMS 11 support)
- Avensia.Storefront.Connector 4.0.0
- Added support for D365 for Operations 1707 CU12
- Updated .Net version to 4.6.1
- Updated minimum version of EPiServer.Commerce.Core to 11.5.0
- Better support for custom tooling
- Support for newer versions of Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage
- Numerous changes in naming and structure to make Avensia Storefront more extendable and compatible with other ERP systems. Changes include but are not limited to:
- Ids are now alphanumerical
- Moved parts of Avensia Storefront without a dependency on Episerver to its own package called Avensia.Storefront.Common. This can be used to stage custom data outside of an Episerver context
- MediaDto now has an interface (IMediaDto)
- PropertyDto now has an interface (IPropertyDto)
- RelationDto now has an interface (IRelationDto)
- VariationDto now has an interface (IVariationDto)
- Renamed CategorySetDto (and matching interface) to CategoryTreeDto to clearly separate the two category pipelines
- Renamed CategoryDto (and matching interface) to CategoryNodeDto to clearly separate the two category pipelines
- Made reader implementations generic to make it easier to read custom dto's
- New pricing pipeline
- New price deletion pipeline
- New additional category pipeline. This pipeline processes change by change instead of a whole tree
- New category deletion pipeline. Also processes change by change
- The media pipeline can be told to either keep the media on an entry in sync, or just add media. It also maps GroupName and AssetType
- New media deletion pipeline. Can be used in combination with the media pipeline if it's configured to only add media
- Changed the way we handle relations to align better with newer versions of Episerver
- Pipelines abort early if a reader returns an empty result
- Extended profiling capabilities- Variations are now linked to parent categories just like products- Category name is only set in the default language- Product relations pipeline ignores relations to, and from, non-existing entries- Product relations pipeline deletes old relations as intended- Avensia.Storefront.Connector NuGet package includes dependencies that were missing
- Update 189 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 11.
- Update 174 included breaking changes for Episerver Commerce 11.
- Update 150 included breaking changes for Episerver Service API 3.
- Update 141 included breaking changes for Episerver Languages 3.
- Update 134 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 10, Episerver Commerce 10 and Episerver Forms 4.
- For previous notifications, see update 118.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- Episerver Beta features. About Beta releases and how to enable them.
- The Episerver continuous release process. About continuous releases and deployment.