Last updated: Dec 27 2016
Episerver - update 143
New releases of Episerver CMS with notifications for content approvals (Beta) and improved scheduled jobs telemetry, Episerver Commerce with improved cart performance, and Episerver Find with improved stemming for Swedish. Also includes fixes for the Episerver Forms Marketing Automation connector.
The update applies to Episerver projects version 7.5 and higher, and contains finalized work items included in the latest iteration. Continuous release updates are cumulative to include previous updates. Episerver supports all platform updates and strongly recommends that you keep ongoing projects up-to-date. You can install the updates from the Episerver NuGet feed.
This release information lists updated main package versions for the Episerver platform. When a release is built, other dependent packages also may be bumped to new versions, although they contain no publicly visible changes. This is done to avoid dependency errors. When you upgrade, NuGet alerts you to upgrade related packages to the required versions. For Commerce, it is important to ensure that you are running the same version of CMS and Commerce, both in the front-end and back-end applications.
Updated main packages
Click a package in the list to see work item details.
Episerver CMS Core
- CMS-4525: Improved scheduled jobs telemetry
The telemetry of scheduled jobs has been improved. Among other things, the job history now includes more detailed information, the log size has been increased, and executing a job manually does not change the execution date and time for the next scheduled job. You can also assign a GUID to your job, making it possible to change the name or namespace of the job at a later time. See Scheduled jobs.
Episerver CMS UI
- CMS-2882: Content Approval: Notifications (Beta)
Users who have started a content approval sequence by setting an item to Ready for Review, or are set as approvers, now receive notifications in the user interface.
The bell icon in the toolbar displays the number of new notifications a user has; click the icon to display a list of notifications. From the notification list, you can go to the item that needs to be reviewed.
If the notifications should be displayed instantaneously, you need to enable WebSocket support on your web server; otherwise the user interface must be refreshed to display the notifications.
You can also configure your system to send out email notifications. See Configuring your email server.
- COM-2608: Improved cart performance
Introduces a new system for storing carts separate from other order groups (purchase orders, payment plans) and in a different format. This significantly improves performance of cart operations, but also purchase order operations since those no longer compete with carts for the same resources. See Serializable carts.
Note: Unfortunately a breaking change was introduced with 10.2.0. In previous versions, DefaultShippingCalculator.GetShippingCost will try to create an instance of IShippingGateway for a configured shipping gateway. In 10.2.0 it will try to create an instance of IShippingPlugin instead. If you are using the new abstraction APIs, you might get an error. See this blog post for a workaround.
- FIND-1050: Improved stemming for Swedish
Extended list of exceptions added to the default stemming in Find.
- Episerver Forms MAI connector - EPiServer.Marketing.Automation.Forms 1.1.2
- Powerslice for Episerver CMS - PowerSlice 2.1.5
- Update 141 included breaking changes for Episerver Languages 3.
- Update 134 included breaking changes for Episerver CMS 10, Episerver Commerce 10 and Episerver Forms 4.
- Update 118 included breaking changes for Episerver Forms 3 and Episerver Languages 2.
- Update 114 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 12.
- Update 108 included breaking changes for Episerver Forms 2.
- Update 94 included breaking changes for Episerver Mail 8.
- Update 89 included breaking changes for Episerver Find 11.
- Update 83 included breaking changes for Episerver Commerce 9.
- For previous notifications, see update 83.
- Release notes. Latest changes with work item details.
- New features in Episerver. Summary of new functionality.
- Installing Episerver updates. Adding the NuGet feed and installing updates.
- The Episerver continuous release process. Deployment options for continuous releases.
- Releasing beta features. Beta releases and how to enable them.
- Issues with NuGet package updates. Fix dependency issues when not using Visual Studio 2015.