Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer Community, CMS11 and Log4Net

Vote:

Hello,

We are currently looking into upgrading an Episerver solution using CMS 9.x and Community 7.5 to CMS 11.x and Community 9. 

We've been following the steps mentioned in here but are experiencing an issue on start-up with the Log4Net versions required by several of the Episerver components.

• EPiServer.CommonFramework 9.0.1 requires EPiServer.CMS.Core > 11.1.0 and < 12.0
    • EPiServer.CommonFramework 9.0.1 contains NHibernate 1.2.0.4000 which requires Log4Net 1.2.10.0 with public key token 1b44e1d426115821
  • EPiServer.CMS.Core requires a matching EPiServer.Framework version
  • EPiServer.Logging.Log4Net 1.1.0 requires EPiServer.Framework >= 9.0 and < 10 (Thus it cannot be used with CMS 11.)
  • EPiServer.Logging.Lo4Net 2.2 is the first version which requires EpiServer.Framework >= 11 and < 12 this however requires Log4Net >= 2.0.8 and < 3.0.0 with public key 669e0ddf0bb1aa2a. 

As it stands I've been able to get Community to work together with CMS 11 - but at the cost of breaking the error logging by completely removing the EPiServer.Logging.Log4Net package. I'm unable to use assembly binding redirects to work around this due to the public key change - as such the only way I can see around this issue would be for EPiServer.CommonFramework to possibly be updated to no longer be dependant upon Log4Net 1.2.10 through NHibernate by either updating or removing the NHibernate dependency.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue / found a work-around? 

Edited, Nov 02, 2018 11:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.