Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SynchronizeUser issues "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Vote:

I need to run SyncronizeUser in a scheduled job in order to sync all users from AD to Community, so that I can automatically join them to specific clubs based on their AD info.

EPiServer.Common.Web.Authorization.Integrator.SynchronizeUser(user, null, true);

However, this line of code issues "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." on Roles.GetRolesForUser()...

Now, the workaround that I could Google for was that Roles.Provider.GetRolesForUser() should be called instead and when I call it directly, it works (just like it doesn't work when calling Roles.GetRolesForUser()). Do I write my own Integrator? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Sep 19, 2014 17:34
Vote:

Now that I have c/p-ed the code from dotPeek and changed just Roles.GetRolesForUser to Roles.Provider.GetRolesForUser, everything works. Basically, my question is if this is the right approach?

Sep 19, 2014 17:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.