Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Relate and Server Cluster

Vote:

We are developing some new MVC templates that leverage relate for blogging/forums/etc, and I have a question about server clusters.  

Currently we have 2 public facing servers in the DMZ and one internal "publishing" server from where we edit all EPi content.  The external servers do not have a "client" section in system.serviceModel because they never publish.  The internal server has two clients that point to the production servers.

In an "EPi-only" world this works fine.  We use the GUI client on the internal server and the external servers see/apply the change immediately.

Does Community/Relate use the same sort of caching/notification system?  When I start allowing external users to post in forums/comment on blogs/etc, am I going to have to set up my cluster as a star (where each machine talks to every other machine), or does Community/Relate not even use this caching mechanism?

Thanks,

Shawn

Aug 15, 2014 16:26
Vote:

Is this the appropriate place for this question?  Lots of silence on this forum.

Sep 02, 2014 19:59
Vote:

Yes, Community/Relate has the same sort of caching/notification system, I think that you you have to add client section to two public servers and connect each others (including internal one).

Sep 12, 2014 8:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.