Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Replace a handler class

Vote:

I need to replace the EPiServer.Mail.Core.Sites.SiteHandler class with my own implementation, or somehow else change the logic of the CurrentSite property (which is virtual so I can override it in a derived class). However, I can't find any better way to plub in the instance of my own class than to set its singleton Instance property (which is public get/set). That works fine, unless for example some other code has attached an event handler to any of the instances events before I replace it... Currently there is no such code in the framework itself, so I can solve this in my code by using different IInitializableModule implementations with dependencies ensuring their execution order. But everything feels very impure... Any other ideas how this could be done?

Jun 14, 2011 8:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.