Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Implementing a custom ISecurityHandler

Vote:

Is it possible to implement your own ISecurityHandler (and probably IUser, IGroup)? If so, how do you plug it in?

Has anyone tried it? Is it total madness to do it?

Basically what I want is to do is to have a custom recipient source for EPiServer Mail, but I still want to be able to set access rights for different Sections. The users who will be granted access are authenticated using a SSO service and I would prefer to avoid importing them into the EPiServer Common database.

Apr 19, 2011 13:09
Vote:

If my memory serves me correct I think there's a SecurityHandler in the Relate templates you can look at.

Edited, Apr 19, 2011 16:07
Vote:

I didn't find anything in the Relate 2.0 templates, could it be the 1.0 or 2.0R2 templates?

Apr 27, 2011 15:19
Vote:

In Templates/RelatePlus/CommunityModules/CommunitySecurityModules.cs you can find the method DefaultSecurity_CreatedUser that is hooked in to the CreatedUser event. It might not be what you want now that I think about it. But it might contain some valuable information.

Apr 27, 2011 16:36
Vote:

Ah, now I understand. Probably not what I need but I have other ideas as well. Thanks for looking it up!

Apr 27, 2011 16:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.