Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Email unsubscribe

Vote:

Hello,

I have been looking around at how to insert an unsubscribe link into an EPiServer Newsmail. I have read the documentation on the subject, and it is quite clear how you are expected to insert the link into the email.

You simply add "<a href="§unsubscribeUrl§">Unsubscribe</a>" to your email-template.

This then gets substiuted to "<a href="www.yoururlinconfigfile.com/newsletter.aspx?rid=§RecipientId§&mid=§messageId§">Unsubscribe </a>

All is fine, unless that I have no clue what the RecipientId acutally is? It is a useridentification of some kind, and it is in Guid format, but how do I in my newsletter.aspx transform the rid to an actual user?

this http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Alistair-Garrison/Dates/2009/9/Inserting-an-unsubscribe-link-into-an-HTML-Template-in-EPiServerMail-44/ is the best description that I have found but it fails to deliver an explanation on this matter.

Regards

Claes

Sep 09, 2010 11:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.