Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding comments on editorial conten...

Vote:

Hi!
I want to offer the vistors on the site the possibility to add comments and rate editorial content like news and articles... The same way that visitors can comment and rate blogs.

Can I in someway use the current functionality in Relate+ to do this?

Anyone who has any ideas of this?

Regards Marcus 

May 25, 2009 16:53
Vote:

You would probably need to create a new entity type for that. An other (ugly ghetto hack Wink) way is maybe to create a specific blog that is not connected to a user or club and connect the blog to the episerver pages by an attribute on the blog post entity, and then use the blog post as a proxy for comments and ratings.

May 26, 2009 7:12
Vote:

Yes I would probably do tha same, as a mather of fact we have the same issue within a project. Our goal is to create our own entity type with a reference (attribute) to a page/article in EPiServer. We will then search/list the entities and load the EPiServer page data based on that reference.

Good luck, maybe later I will post some example code when I have it.

Edited, May 26, 2009 8:17
Vote:

Thanks for the advice.
And you are very welcome to add example code to this thread later on... Smile
I'll do the same.

May 26, 2009 9:11
Vote:

Hey guys!

Exactly the way to go, however I would recommend you to use a Forum Thread as "proxy" instead of using blog. So each page in the CMS will have a corresponding thread, and then use the replies as comments. The reason for this are several:

1. Threads are easier to hide - you can create a separate forum for this
  2. You will automatically get counters on comment etc.
  3. You will have the ability to create form entries from "comments" in an easy way

Happy coding!

Best regards,
Tom Stenius

May 26, 2009 23:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.