Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Mail: Page Navigation and Intra-page Hyperlinks

Vote:

Hi there - I'm using EPiServer Mail for the first time and am coming across a couple of issues.

1. When I send a page from the CMS, all of the lefthand navigation bunches at the top and the bottom of the page. Is there any way to suppress the navigation when sending a page, or to have it display as it does in the CMS (to the left of the main body text)?

2. The page I am sending has anchors/bookmarks that link to other areas on the page. When I send the page as mail, the links open up the website rather than linking to lower in the EPiServer mail email. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks!

Sep 20, 2012 17:49
Vote:

1. It is recommended that you implement a special page type/template to use as source for the EPiServer Mail mailings. Many email clients won't download stylesheets that are linked into the email, so your mailing template should contain an internal stylesheet. A table based layout can also be good since some email clients (like some Outlook verisons) have very poor/old HTML rendering capabilities. Both internal stylesheets and table based layouts are considered bad things on the web which is why you sould only use them on your mailing template.

2. When the page is rendered for sending all links are checked and relative URL:s in links are converted to absolute URL:s. So I guess it tries to convert the anchor links too. If it does, I can't think of a way to prevent it and even if there was a way I'm not sure the anchors would work in the mail client.

Sep 20, 2012 22:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.