Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bounced emails and their information

Vote:

On page 15 in the user manual for Episerver Mail 4.4 it states:

The EPiServer Mail server collects information about emails that bounce. The information is delivered with Web Services to the sender.

First, where do I set that email?
In EPiServerMail.config I see defaultFromAddress and mailFromAddress, do either of these get the info?

And second, how long does it take until messages bounces?

Been looking around but can't find this info anywhere, would be happy if someone could help me. 

Jun 11, 2009 14:32
Vote:

Hi Fredrik,

The bounce count of mails is something that is added to your broker so make sure to give the information when you order it.

Depending on what version you are running it is as follow

Version < EPiServer Mail 4.3 It should be something like:

http(s)://<www.yoursite.com>/Netstar/StarMail/StarMail.asmx

else:

Version == EPiServer Mail 4.3 

http(s)://<www.yoursite.com>/EPiServerMail/EPiServerMailService.asmx

Jun 11, 2009 15:07
Vote:

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your answer, however I don't really understand everything of what you just wrote.

I'm new to Epi Mail and what I can read from the user manual, I expected the bounce report being a mail sent to a pre-defined mail, not a web service?

Jun 11, 2009 16:21
Vote:

Hi again,

The bounce report is added to the statistics of the mailing. So if you go to your sent mailings and check the sent rapport you will see the number of bounced in the "Delivery Report". You can also export this to get the addresses that bounced.

Jun 12, 2009 15:38
Vote:

Hi Petter,

Yes, I know of that way to check bounced mails. Thanks though.

But I thought that the same information I can get from clicking "Export Bounced" in the Delivery Report, I could also get as an automated mail to a given mail address.
At least that is what I read from the paragraph from the first post.

Do you know if this is possible, getting an automatic mail sent with the same information I can see from clicking the Export Bounced-button?
And if so, where do I set the mail address the information gets sent to?

Of course it's possible to code this, I just thought this was built-in the release, so why not use it if it's already there?

Jun 12, 2009 16:09
Vote:

Hi Fredrik,

No, you cannot get the bounce report as a mail. As you read in the manual, the bounce report will be sent through web services to your server and then presented as graphs in the admin interface.

Best regards,
Tom

Jun 15, 2009 8:20
Vote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for clearing this up, I thought the report was sent both to the Delivery Report in the Admin Interface and sent as a mail to an email address.

Sorry for taking your time with this guys, but thanks. Much appreciated.

Jun 15, 2009 10:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.